These old-fashioned cookies are given a new twist with raisins and chocolate chips.—Margaret Adamson, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine molasses and buttermilk. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Molasses Jumbles in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p54
Reviews for Soft Molasses Jumbles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review