Soft Mincemeat Cookies Recipe
WE CALL these "Santa's cookies" because they're what we put out for Santa instead of the usual decorated Christmas cutouts. These cookies remain a traditional part of my holiday baking. Besides a plate for Santa, they fill gift plates for family and friends. I'm often told they're the first to disappear. -Evelyn Wadey, Blackfalds, Alberta
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and mincemeat. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC