Soft Macaroons Recipe
"I bake 22 types of cookies at Christmas, and these macaroons are the most requested," shares Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio. "People can't believe I use sherbet and cake mix to make the simple sweets."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:72 servings
- 1 pint pineapple or orange sherbet, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sherbet, almond extract and dry cake mix; mix well. Stir in the coconut.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC