"I bake 22 types of cookies at Christmas, and these macaroons are the most requested," shares Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio. "People can't believe I use sherbet and cake mix to make the simple sweets."
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Easter Cookies
- 1 pint pineapple or orange sherbet, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 6 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine sherbet, almond extract and dry cake mix; mix well. Stir in the coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Macaroons in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p62
Reviews for Soft Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2007
"Rhonda made these for us in Dec.2007. They were very good, soft and chewy.Helen These are a keeper!!"