Soft Lemonade Cookies
"I remember my mother making these cookies," relates Margo Neuhauser of Bakersfield, California. "They just go perfectly with warm days. They're so lovely and moist, you won't be able to stop eating them."
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour
- and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1/3 cup
- lemonade concentrate, beating well after each addition.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 400° for 8 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Brush with 1/2 cup
- lemonade concentrate; sprinkle with sugar. Cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 117 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a