Soft Lemon-Ginger Cookies
Loaded with old-fashioned flavor, this yummy cookie is hard to beat. You'll love munching a few with coffee, tea or a glass of cold milk.—Sharon Bretz, Havre de Grace, Maryland
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown
- sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and
- extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately
- remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.