Loaded with old-fashioned flavor, this yummy cookie is hard to beat. You'll love munching a few with coffee, tea or a glass of cold milk.—Sharon Bretz, Havre de Grace, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Lemon-Ginger Cookies in Reminisce Extra October 2005, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Soft Lemon-Ginger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review