Soft Italian Breadsticks Recipe
I use the "dough only" cycle on my bread machine to prepare these melt-in-your-mouth breadsticks that my family of five gobbles up! The soft, chewy breadsticks are irresistible when brushed with butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. They're the perfect accompaniment to soups or Italian entrees. -Christy Eichelberger, Jesup, Iowa
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the water, butter, salt, flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cut each portion into 12 pieces; roll each into a 4-in. to 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 73 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC