Soft Italian Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the water, butter, salt, flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cut each portion into 12 pieces; roll each into a 4-in. to 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 73 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Soft Italian Breadsticks
"These were very flavorful and soft! I made these for my family and there were no leftovers! There is not a lot of garlic flavor, so next time I will add some garlic to the topping. I do not have a bread machine, so I made them without one."
"Very good and soft! If you like garlic, try increasing the garlic powder in the dough or add some with the Parmesan cheese."
"These were excellent! My family loved them!"
"Thanks for this recipe, I used the dough to make a Stromboli. I had to substitute minced garlic since I didn't have any powdered but it worked out fine"
"This is the only breadstick recipe I've made that turned out and that I actually liked! And believe me I've tried a lot! These are so delicious. I don't have a bread machine I just kneaded the dough for a few minutes. Definitely worth a try."
"I combined this recipe with one I found in a healthy Cooking Taste of Home magazine, Prosciutto Breadsticks. I rolled prosciutto into the breadsticks. Amazing!!!"
"These are the best homemade breadsteaks I've ever had! My family can't get enough of them. And since they start in the bread machine they are super easy!"
"I substituted canola oil in place of the butter when I made the dough. They were so light and delicious. I will be making them again next week!!"
"These are amazing! My family loves these so much. I've shared them with friends as well, and they are surprised when they find out I made them from scratch. Definitely a keeper!"
"These are fabulous! Since I don't like shaping breadsticks I make them into small loaves instead. My friends all rave about them."
"These are wonderful. I halved the Italian seasoning (family preference) and mixed them with a KitchenAid rather than a bread machine but left everything else the same. Next time though, I will sprinkle garlic salt AND parmesan on the breadsticks when I pull them from the oven."
"I actually combine the entire dough and form a loaf. It makes the best Italian Bread! I form the loaf and make shallow slits in it before it rises! Very nice!"
"My family loved them..they told me they were better then Olive Gardens! The dough was easy to mix up in my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I want to make this into Pizza Dough or take out the Italian seasoning and galic power out and make then into dinner rolls! I will be making recipe again for years to come!"
"These were good and super soft. Too soft to stand up to my chili but great alone.Thanks, Jenn"