Soft Italian Bread Twists Recipe
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Italian seasoning or grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine the sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, yeast and 2 cups flour. Cover and process for 5-10 seconds. While processing, gradually add warm water and oil in a steady stream. Process for 1 minute or until smooth and elastic. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into 12 strips. Fold each strip in half lengthwise; twist each strip several times. Pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, paprika and remaining salt. Brush some over dough. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or Parmesan cheese if desired. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter mixture. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Soft Italian Bread Twists
"This is the first time I have ever used yeast and the twists were perfectly delicious! Great recipe!~ Theresa"