Soft Honey Cookies
This old-fashioned cookie has a pleasant honey-cinnamon flavor and a tender texture that resembles cake. It has been a family favorite for years and I thought the recipe should be shared with your readers.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best® Egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat
- in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and
- salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be
- stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 77 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,