- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
Reviews for Soft Honey Cookies
"Don't flatten down like in picture. They stay in lumps. Not a recipe I would try again. Thankfully not a lot of ingredients were wasted. Not much taste."
"This maybe my NEW favorite cookie! Everyone liked them :)"
"Not sure why, but mine turned out pretty awful. They tasted too sugary or something."
"not so great have had better"
"I left the do dough in the fridge over night, then baked them. They came out fluffy and light."
"By the way, when I doubled the recipe and got 46 1T sized cookies they were 52.5 cal each."
"These were great! I doubled the recipe because I saw how it only made 16 cookies, and I got 46 cookies(using a 1T sized cookie scoop to make them). The dough was really sticky, but that isn't a problem. The cookies were perfectly sweet, and you could taste the cinnamon and honey. They were kinda dense, but not crispy, which in my opinion is perfect."
"I was looking for waysto use our own honey and this is an excellent one. It makes a small batch which is excellent for our family of 2."