- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
Reviews for Soft Honey Cookies
"This maybe my NEW favorite cookie! Everyone liked them :)"
"Not sure why, but mine turned out pretty awful. They tasted too sugary or something."
"not so great have had better"
"I left the do dough in the fridge over night, then baked them. They came out fluffy and light."
"By the way, when I doubled the recipe and got 46 1T sized cookies they were 52.5 cal each."