This old-fashioned cookie has a pleasant honey-cinnamon flavor and a tender texture that resembles cake. It has been a family favorite for years and I thought the recipe should be shared with your readers.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg; beat in honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cookies.
Originally published as Soft Honey Cookies in Reminisce Extra November 2008, p53
Reviews for Soft Honey Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review