Soft Gingersnaps Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 11 dozen.
2 each: 100 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Soft Gingersnaps
"These are the best cookies I have ever made! They are so pretty, taste perfect and are easy to make. Soft and spices are just right! If you like soft gingerbread cookies, you will love these"
"My whole family loved these. Simple to make and they smell wonderful coming out of the oven. Will definitely make these again!"
"These really are soft and they stay that way if you store them in a tightly sealed zipper bag. I ran out of white sugar while making these and didn't have any to roll the cookies in so I thought I would roll them in brown sugar instead and my family really liked it that way. They were great to take on a camping trip."
"These were ok, but I would not make them again."
"My husband who only likes my chocolate chip cookies can't keep his hands of of these. A definite keeper!"
"These cookies were fabulous. My husband was hesitant at first then proceeded to eat over a dozen in one sitting. Even my 3 young kids loved them."