- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 11 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Gingersnaps(6)
Sort By :
I just made these cookies again, for my Christmas cookies. These are easy to make, bake great, and stay soft. The "gingersnap" flavor is strong and tastes so awesome with a hot cup of tea. These cookies also freeze and thaw well. In my eyes, a perfect cookie!
My whole family loved these. Simple to make and they smell wonderful coming out of the oven. Will definitely make these again!
These really are soft and they stay that way if you store them in a tightly sealed zipper bag. I ran out of white sugar while making these and didn't have any to roll the cookies in so I thought I would roll them in brown sugar instead and my family really liked it that way. They were great to take on a camping trip.
These were ok, but I would not make them again.
My husband who only likes my chocolate chip cookies can't keep his hands of of these. A definite keeper!