Assures Shonna Lee Leonard of Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia. "These soft, cake-like spice cookies are delightfully old-fashioned, which makes it hard to believe they're low in fat."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- In a bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Combine the egg substitute, sugars, oil and molasses; mix well. Add to dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coating with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Gingersnaps in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p17
Reviews for Soft Gingersnap Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review