Soft Giant Pretzels Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Coarse salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first four ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into eight balls. Roll each into a 20-in. rope; form into pretzel shape.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and baking soda to a boil. Drop pretzels into boiling water, two at a time; boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place pretzels on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Spritz or lightly brush with water. Sprinkle with salt. Yield: 8 pretzels.
Reviews for Soft Giant Pretzels(16)
Sort By :
I don't use a bread machine to make the dough, just my Kitchen-Aid mixer, and these turn out great!
I tried this recipe for the first time two days ago and my family has already asked me to make it again.
These were so easy to make. I loved that I could just whip up the dough in the bread machine. We made these for a Valentine's day treat and made them heart shaped. I let the kids put whatever topping they wanted and they were so yummy! They've already requested them again!
so easy! Tasted like the ones I bought in NYC! Living in northern Canada I don't get to NY often, so it was great to have that flavor again. I agree with other posters, put salt on before baking.
The boys helped me make the pretzels. I was amazed at just how forgiving the dough is! This is undoubtedly the best pretzel recipe we have ever had here, and we have 13+ kids!!