Soft Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Brush warm breadsticks with butter. Yield: 20 breadsticks.
Reviews for Soft Garlic Breadsticks(14)
Sort By :
These breadsticks were fantastic! Baked them to go with chilli for the harvest crew and they were gone in no time!
My family LOVED these.
I made these almost exactly as stated except, I left out the Parmesan (none on hand), used one tbsp of sugar and 11/2 cups unbleached white flour and 11/2 cups whole wheat flour. These are excellent! This is the best recipe for bread sticks I have ever used.
These breadsticks are simply the best! After they're done, and I brush them with butter I then sprinkle garlic salt over the top. Everyone loves them!
These breadsticks were delicious - followed recipe exact. I baked half of the recipe and froze the other half of dough. I spread melted butter with garlic salt on them after removing from oven. Yummy !!!