Soft Fish Tacos Recipe
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free tartar sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and sliced avocado, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, tartar sauce, salt, cumin and pepper; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tilapia in oil and lemon juice over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Place tilapia on tortillas; top with coleslaw mixture. Serve with cheese, tomato and avocado if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
2 each: 310 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Soft Fish Tacos
"This was fantastic and so easy to make."
"very easy... I used pico de gallo instead of tarter sauce and lime jiuce to drizzle"
"I meant we used regular tartar sauce."
"Fast & delicious! Only thing I changed was to use flour tortillas since we did not have corn, and regular tartar since I didn't have fat-free. They were yummy! Will definitely make again."
"This was AMAZING, FAST AND easy! So good! Will definitely make it again!"