Soft Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
If you don't care for crisp cookies that crumble when you take a bite, give this soft variety a try. No one can resist the fudgy, minty flavor. —Kristin Vincent, Orem, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 10 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. In a bowl, beat sugars and egg; add buttermilk and peppermint extract. Beat in chocolate mixture.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes or until dough becomes firmer.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 148 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC