If you don't care for crisp cookies that crumble when you take a bite, give this soft variety a try. No one can resist the fudgy, minty flavor. —Kristin Vincent, Orem, Utah
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. In a bowl, beat sugars and egg; add buttermilk and peppermint extract. Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes or until dough becomes firmer.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Soft Chocolate Mint Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p120
Reviews for Soft Chocolate Mint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review