Soft Chocolate Cookies
My family expects the cookie jar to be filled with home-baked goodies year-round. They don't care for nuts but can't resist chocolate. So these cake-like cookies have become their favorite.
33 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or
- until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks. Dust warm cookies
- with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.