- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, sliced radishes, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the beans, salsa and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with the toppings of your choice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Soft Chicken Tacos
Sort By :
"Very flavorful and delicious! Simple meal, big taste! We served it with Spanish rice and a salad!"
"I'd give it 7 stars if I could! WONDERFUL meal and quick to make!"
"I had some leftover cooked chicken on hand and was looking for an easy way to use it. This was perfect! These tasted very good, and were so simple to make. I just heated up the chicken and bean mixture in the microwave. Topped the taco with lettuce, diced tomato, and cheddar cheese. Next time I may make the Southwestern Hominy side dish to accompany this."
"I haven't used this recipe yet. I am preparing it this evening for my family. I am reducing the salt in 3 ways. Rinsing the beans thoroughly cuts the salt in those by about 1/3. I make my own taco seasoning using a low sodium Chili Powder. I also make my own salsa which is much more time consuming so I make a large amount and freeze it. There are numerous recipes for both of those items here on Taste of Home."