- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, sliced radishes, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the beans, salsa and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with the toppings of your choice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Soft Chicken Tacos
Sort By :
Very flavorful and delicious! Simple meal, big taste! We served it with Spanish rice and a salad!
I'd give it 7 stars if I could! WONDERFUL meal and quick to make!
I had some leftover cooked chicken on hand and was looking for an easy way to use it. This was perfect! These tasted very good, and were so simple to make. I just heated up the chicken and bean mixture in the microwave. Topped the taco with lettuce, diced tomato, and cheddar cheese. Next time I may make the Southwestern Hominy side dish to accompany this.
I haven't used this recipe yet. I am preparing it this evening for my family. I am reducing the salt in 3 ways. Rinsing the beans thoroughly cuts the salt in those by about 1/3. I make my own taco seasoning using a low sodium Chili Powder. I also make my own salsa which is much more time consuming so I make a large amount and freeze it. There are numerous recipes for both of those items here on Taste of Home.