Soft Blueberry Button Cookies Recipe
I have fond memories of picking blueberries and enjoying icy cold lemonade at my aunt’s house. This cookie is an attempt to marry those two flavors and memories. —Renee Murby, Johnston, Rhode Island
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free lemon Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup blueberry juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons blueberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in yogurt, juice and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press four blueberries into each cookie to resemble a button.
- 3. Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool slightly.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Spoon over warm cookies. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC