- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free lemon Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup blueberry juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons blueberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in yogurt, juice and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press four blueberries into each cookie to resemble a button.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Spoon over warm cookies. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Blueberry Button Cookies
"I was excited to incorporate blueberries into cookies but this recipe was a bit disappointing. Mine weren't as pretty as the picture either. But thank you for a fun recipe to try!"
"I've never had cookies like these before. I love blueberries & thought I'd give them a try. They are so good. These will be my new summer go to cookie recipe!"
"These are so easy to make and so delicious, too!"