Soft Apple Butter Delights
I won first place at a local apple bake-off with this original recipe. I especially like to take these hearty cookies to gatherings in fall.
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room tempeture
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apple butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple
- butter and walnuts (dough will be soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 113 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.