Soft Apple Butter Delights Recipe
I won first place at a local apple bake-off with this original recipe. I especially like to take these hearty cookies to gatherings in fall.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room tempeture
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apple butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple butter and walnuts (dough will be soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
2 each: 113 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Soft Apple Butter Delights
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC