Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies Recipe
These cookies are delicious served warm right from the oven! I usually make them around Christmastime or on cold snowy days here in the Midwest.
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Blend in molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; add to creamed mixture. Mix until well blended.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place on greased baking sheets. Press flat with a fork. Bake at 350° about 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 180 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC