Sofrito is a base frequently used in many Puerto Rican recipes to add bold flavor. Its texture and appearance is similar to a green salsa. You can also try it on chilies, enchiladas and tacos.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 medium green pepper, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 plum tomato, quartered
- 1. Separate and peel garlic cloves. Place garlic and remaining ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 2. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week. May also be frozen in small portions in resealable freezer bags for up to 1 month. Yield: 2 cups.
1 tablespoon equals 5 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Sofrito
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC