- time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Add
- root beer mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork
- and keep warm. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Bring sauce to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, drain potatoes; mash with butter, garlic powder and
- remaining salt and pepper. Serve with pork chops and sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup potatoes and 1/3 cup sauce equals 637 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.