Soda Fountain Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed sugar cones (about 12)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups fudge ice cream topping, softened
- Additional strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large, bowl, combine the crushed sugar cones, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate. Freeze.
- 2. Place 3 cups of strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and puree. Chop the remaining strawberries.
- 3. Place pureed and chopped strawberries in a large bowl. Add ice cream and malted milk powder; stir to blend. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 4. Spread fudge topping over the pie to within 1 in of edge; freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Remover from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Serve with additional berries if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 454 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Soda Fountain Pie
"Sugar cones are the cone shaped ice cream cones."
"What are sugar cones?"