Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 pound uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat linguini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients; set aside. Cook edamame and soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles in cold water; drain again.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onions, noodles and edamame in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 414 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,440 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.