Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 pound uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat linguini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients; set aside. Cook edamame and soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles in cold water; drain again.
- Just before serving, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onions, noodles and edamame in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing
Sort By :
This is so GOOD! We loved it. Added chilled shrimp. YUM!
I increased garlic to 3 cloves and ginger to 4 tbls. Also used spinach fettuccini instead. The whole family loved it. Will make regularly.
Delish & Nutrish! Taking it to my second cookout in two weeks and hopefully there will be enough leftovers for me this time! I find Private Selection mukimame (shelled edimame) frozen at Kroger.
I've taken this to several functions and it's always a huge hit! I get asked for the recipe several times everywhere I take it!
This was excellent! Great contrast of textures & sweet and sour. The only "non" problem I had was the amount it makes. It's only my husband and I and this makes a ton. Although he's a big eater we still ate this for three meals. Next time I think I'll try to cut the recipe down a little. Thanks for the great addition to my recipe collection.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Salad Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Salad Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >