Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 pound uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat linguini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients; set aside. Cook edamame and soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles in cold water; drain again.
- Just before serving, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onions, noodles and edamame in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Soba Noodles with Gingered-Sesame Dressing(8)
Sort By :
Delish & Nutrish! Taking it to my second cookout in two weeks and hopefully there will be enough leftovers for me this time! I find Private Selection mukimame (shelled edimame) frozen at Kroger.
I've taken this to several functions and it's always a huge hit! I get asked for the recipe several times everywhere I take it!
This was excellent! Great contrast of textures & sweet and sour. The only "non" problem I had was the amount it makes. It's only my husband and I and this makes a ton. Although he's a big eater we still ate this for three meals. Next time I think I'll try to cut the recipe down a little. Thanks for the great addition to my recipe collection.
Loved it! Definitely making it again.
Just made this delicious recipe...we were going to keep it for later but couldn't wait so ate it for lunch instead. I used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage. SO good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Salad Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Salad Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >