- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 pound uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat linguini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients; set aside. Cook edamame and soba noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles in cold water; drain again.
- Just before serving, combine the coleslaw mix, carrots, green onions, noodles and edamame in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Soba Noodles with Ginger-Sesame Dressing
"Excellent salad - brought to a luncheon and everyone loved it!! Used a bottled of light asian sesame dressing instead of making the dressing - All wanted the recipe. Second time I made it I added rotisserie chicken to it and made it a meal - DELICIOUS!!"
"This is so GOOD! We loved it. Added chilled shrimp. YUM!"
"I increased garlic to 3 cloves and ginger to 4 tbls. Also used spinach fettuccini instead. The whole family loved it. Will make regularly."
"Delish & Nutrish! Taking it to my second cookout in two weeks and hopefully there will be enough leftovers for me this time! I find Private Selection mukimame (shelled edimame) frozen at Kroger."
"I've taken this to several functions and it's always a huge hit! I get asked for the recipe several times everywhere I take it!"
"This was excellent! Great contrast of textures & sweet and sour. The only "non" problem I had was the amount it makes. It's only my husband and I and this makes a ton. Although he's a big eater we still ate this for three meals. Next time I think I'll try to cut the recipe down a little. Thanks for the great addition to my recipe collection."
"Loved it! Definitely making it again."
"Just made this delicious recipe...we were going to keep it for later but couldn't wait so ate it for lunch instead. I used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage. SO good!"
"LOVE this! So yummy and refreshing. Will make again, can't wait to take it to a BBQ it makes a great salad for gatherings."
"My husband & I made this for dinner tonight - quick, tasty & a good source of protein with the edamame. We did sauteed the cabbage, carrots, edamame, etc. It tasted so great we didn't miss the basil (completely forgot to put it in)."