So Very Berry Brie
I needed to make something quick for a wine and cheese party, and had a bounty of berries on hand. My creation went great with all the wines and looked so much more impressive than the other plain cheeses! —Kristin Larson-Jantzi, Newton, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3
- minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually
- stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish;
- pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese
- and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is
- softened. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without chips) equals 160 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium,