- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for So Very Berry Brie
"If you like berries on crackers, this is the recipe for you. I doubled the Brie, but still had berry soup. Will not be making this again."
"I love brie and to those of you who asked about the rind, eat it! It has a mild salty taste which is perfect with the creamy part!"
"This was so good. Everyone loved it and it was super easy."
"It looked fabulous and tasted delicious. I used fresh fruit instead of frozen and it made the dish seem much fresher!"
"I think this recipe is great especially using a pastry shell around it."