I needed to make something quick for a wine and cheese party, and had a bounty of berries on hand. My creation went great with all the wines and looked so much more impressive than the other plain cheeses! —Kristin Larson-Jantzi, Newton, Kansas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as So Very Berry Brie in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p17
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for So Very Berry Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review