So Very Berry Brie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for So Very Berry Brie
Sort By :
I love brie and to those of you who asked about the rind, eat it! It has a mild salty taste which is perfect with the creamy part!
This was so good. Everyone loved it and it was super easy.
It looked fabulous and tasted delicious. I used fresh fruit instead of frozen and it made the dish seem much fresher!
I think this recipe is great especially using a pastry shell around it.
I used the frozen berry blend available at Costco and used Spenda granular in place of sugar...Very good!