- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- Bagel and/or baked pita chips
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Add berries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place bottom half of cheese in an ungreased ovenproof serving dish; pour 1/2 cup berry mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSo Very Berry Brie
"Wow! Just made this and it is delicious. I doubled the fresh berries, added 1 tsp vanilla at the end and let it cool before slathering it on the double cream brie. It was fantastic! Thanks for sharing."
"If you like berries on crackers, this is the recipe for you. I doubled the Brie, but still had berry soup. Will not be making this again."
"I love brie and to those of you who asked about the rind, eat it! It has a mild salty taste which is perfect with the creamy part!"
"This was so good. Everyone loved it and it was super easy."
"It looked fabulous and tasted delicious. I used fresh fruit instead of frozen and it made the dish seem much fresher!"
"I think this recipe is great especially using a pastry shell around it."
"I used the frozen berry blend available at Costco and used Spenda granular in place of sugar...Very good!"
"I'm also giving it four stars to without trying, just to answer the question about rind. You can definitely eat the rind on Brie. It is very soft and completely edible Some people prefer not to eat it, and can just eat around it. This recipe sounds good and I will try it!"
"I am giving this 4 stars even though I have not tried it yet, because I don't want to skew the results. I also wonder about the rind on the brie and what kind of crackers are pictured? I love brie and I love berries so I am anxious to make this."
"Call me clueless, but what do you do with the rind from the cheese? I love brie and I love these berries and really want to try this!"