So-Sweet Squash Pickles Recipe
These crisp crunchy slices, seasoned with celery seed and mustard seed, have a sweet-sour taste that everyone is sure to relish! The colorful blend of yellow squash, sweet red pepper and chopped onion makes a beautiful presentation. -Eleanor Sundman Farmington, Connecticut
- 3 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place squash, pepper and onion in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 1 hour to drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add vegetables; return to a boil. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 3. Transfer to a covered container; refrigerate, covered, at least 4 days before serving. May be stored in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for So-Sweet Squash Pickles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC