So-Sweet Squash Pickles Recipe
- 3 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, onion, red pepper and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Add squash mixture; return to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 4 days before serving. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for So-Sweet Squash Pickles(4)
Sort By :
Not difficult to make, and very tasty!! I even made a batch with Splenda for diabetic friends and it was still great. You can also use zuchinni or cucumbers.
So sweet, so good! I tried this using both summer squash and zucchini. It reminded me a lot of bread & butter pickles. Very easy to make!
My husband and I dearly love this pickle! I make it every year when our crookneck squash is plentiful. Everyone I've had try it also loved it, from family & friends to people at my husband's workplace. It looks as good as it tastes too! So easy to make!
Can these be canned?