So-Healthy Smoothies Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango, frozen
- 1-1/4 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for So-Healthy Smoothies
"Just in case anyone out there does expect this to taste like a milkshake (like the description says it does) it definitely does not. It tastes like a smoothie, and I'd have to say a mediocre one. Not great, but certainly not bad, just average."
"This was very good! I had everything except the peaches so I also added strawberries."
"Smoothies turn out so well, we make them when we feel we want one. This one turns out beautifully and it's one we'll be making many more times."
"This smoothie was great! I didn't have any mango or peaches so I added strawberries instead. I also added a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and absolutely loved it!"
"I make mine the same way, except I use buttermilk, instead of fat free milk for the kids"
"This smoothie is fabulous. I made it even more healthy by adding 1T of Organic Flaxseed Oil or 1T Flaxseeds and some wheatgerm! Yummy!"