So-Easy Sloppy Joes
Everybody in the family will love the zesty, fun flavor of this simple staple. (Try it spooned over warmed corn bread if you don’t have buns.) —Karen Anderson, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, brown sugar,
- mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 5 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bun with 2/3 cup beef mixture equals 478 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.