So-Easy Coq Au Vin Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in bacon drippings just until tender. Spoon over chicken. Add bay leaf. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, wine, broth, thyme and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup mushroom sauce (calculated without noodles): 299 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for So-Easy Coq Au Vin
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.