So-Easy Cheese Danish Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended.
- 2. Unroll one tube of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with cream cheese mixture. On a lightly floured surface, press or roll out remaining dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place over filling; brush with egg white.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 335 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for So-Easy Cheese Danish
"I have this recipe from a taste home cookbook I've had for a couple of years.I have made this many of times for family and work and everyone loves this danish. I use 1 1/2 bricks of cream cheese so its not so rich."