A brunch menu just isn't the same without this tender, flaky Danish. The warm cream cheese center is a delightful surprise. Convenient refrigerated crescent roll dough means I can make it in a snap.—Cathleen Bushman, Geneva, Illinois
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended.
- Unroll one tube of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with cream cheese mixture. On a lightly floured surface, press or roll out remaining dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place over filling; brush with egg white.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as So-Easy Cheese Danish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p158
Reviews for So-Easy Cheese Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"I have this recipe from a taste home cookbook I've had for a couple of years.I have made this many of times for family and work and everyone loves this danish. I use 1 1/2 bricks of cream cheese so its not so rich."