A brunch menu just isn't the same without this tender, flaky Danish. The warm cream cheese center is a delightful surprise. Convenient refrigerated crescent roll dough means I can make it in a snap.—Cathleen Bushman, Geneva, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended.
- Unroll one tube of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with cream cheese mixture. On a lightly floured surface, press or roll out remaining dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place over filling; brush with egg white.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as So-Easy Cheese Danish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p158
Reviews for So-Easy Cheese Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review