A dusting of confectioners' sugar adds to the appeal of these soft and chewy apricot bars. A packages baking mix makes them a snap to prepare.
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, bring the apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain and cool. Chop apricots and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs until blended. Stir in the apricots, walnuts, vanilla and remaining biscuit mix; spread over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Snowy Apricot Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p80
Reviews for Snowy Apricot Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review