Snowmen Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the other; set aside.
- 2. Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-in. balls and twelve 1-1/2-in. balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- 3. For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat; place above head. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope; twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 261 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Snowmen Butter Cookies
"These cookies look extra special in cookie baskets!"