They're buttery sweets that birthday guests of any age will make disappear fast...thanks to the melt-in-your-mouth cookie recipe Suzanne shared.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the other; set aside.
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-in. balls and twelve 1-1/2-in. balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat; place above head. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope; twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Snowmen Butter Cookies in Country Woman January/February 2000, p37
Reviews for Snowmen Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"These cookies look extra special in cookie baskets!"