- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the other; set aside.
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-in. balls and twelve 1-1/2-in. balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat; place above head. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope; twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Snowmen Butter Cookies in Country Woman January/February 2000, p37
Reviews for Snowmen Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
These cookies look extra special in cookie baskets!