- 9 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 34 round butter-flavored crackers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 34 miniature chocolate chips
- 34 milk chocolate M&M's
- Licorice pieces or assorted colors of decorating gel
- Remove yellow ends from candy corn. Cut each candy in half lengthwise; set aside.
- Spread peanut butter over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately position chocolate chips for eyes and mouths and add a reserved candy corn half for nose. For earmuffs, place an M&M on either side of face, connected with a piece of licorice or a strip of decorating gel. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 17 servings.
Reviews for Snowman Treats
"Great cookie to make with children !!!!!"
"I had a cookie exchange to go to and thought these would be cute to bring. I used Ritz brand crackers and they were great! I couldn't find candy corn this time of year so used orange frosting for the nose and red decorator frosting for the top of the ear muffs. A little messy and time consuming but the results are worth the effort. My final recommendation would be to use almond bark instead of chips for the coating. I have used both and the almond bark is much easier to melt and doesn't get "globby" after being over the double boiler for awhile like the white chocolate chips did. Kids love these!"
"These are just too cute! The taste great too. You could make these all during the winter and not just for the holidays."
"My entire family had a blast making these treats. An added plus they taste great. We will be adding this to our cookie list. (We used small pieces of starburst warmed and shaped into cones for the noses. )"
"i made these but i put peanutbutter on one side and marshmellow cream on the other side very good"