My daughter, Hannah, and I came up with this recipe on Christmas Eve when she wanted to make treats for Santa. Building a real snowman is fun, but we think coating one in candy is even cooler! —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 9 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 34 round butter-flavored crackers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 34 miniature chocolate chips
- 34 milk chocolate M&M's
- Licorice pieces or assorted colors of decorating gel
- Remove yellow ends from candy corn. Cut each candy in half lengthwise; set aside.
- Spread peanut butter over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately position chocolate chips for eyes and mouths and add a reserved candy corn half for nose. For earmuffs, place an M&M on either side of face, connected with a piece of licorice or a strip of decorating gel. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 17 servings.
Originally published as Snowman Treats in Country Woman November/December 2006, p26
Reviews for Snowman Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review