Store-bought dough speeds up the preparation time of these cute cookies. They're so easy that the whole family—even little kids—can help decorate them. —Jean Wardrip Burr, Hope Mills, North Carolina
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy corn candies
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream shortening and butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cookies. Decorate with chocolate chips, candy corn and Red Hots. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Snowman Sugar Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p48
Reviews for Snowman Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review