Snowman Party Stew Recipe
Youngsters will dig right into this playful potato-topped pie, loaded with ground beef and vegetables. The dashing details are easy to add after baking.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, divided
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with a small amount of milk)
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove 24 peas and one carrot chunk from the stew vegetables; set aside. Add the remaining vegetables to beef. Cook until vegetables are thawed. Add gravy; mix well.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with eight mashed potato snowmen, using 1 tablespoon of potatoes for each head and 3 tablespoons for each body. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the reserved carrot into eight strips. Insert one strip into each snowman for a nose. Place three reserved peas on each for buttons. Add peppercorns for eyes. Drizzle ketchup between head and body to form a scarf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC